Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Can we say "Room Wrecker"?

Ok....so to reference my 1,2,3 Magic Book....I have still been doing it and its been working pretty well! Well I was reading in the book that sometimes there are children referred to as, "Room Wreckers"...It describes them as children who went sent to their room or wherever, seem to tear it up and trash it while in there (also known as throwing a tantrum)...I skipped through that whole chapter because I thought to myself that I dont have a room wrecker. Well low and behold last night when the girls went to sleep ever so soundly (yeah right)....Graci decided that she would like a drink of water....well I am no fool and I know that was just a way to not have to go to sleep....so as Bobby and I sat on the couch and watched some good ol TV, we also watched Graci (who is 2 BTW) completely trash her room....when I say trash I mean, she literally took her mattress and flipped it on its side, threw pillows out of her room into the living room, threw things at Emma while she was sleeping, Screamed, said there was monsters in her room, took the sheets off her bed and tried to get Emma's off as well, hmmm....was there anything else....OH, 5 minutes after she threw the pillows out of the room she came back and picked them back up and them threw them again....Bobby and I were laughing (obviously hiding our faces)...we couldn't believe this child....I didn't know how to punish her because I skipped the damn chapter! So tonight I will be reading the chapter on "Room Wreckers"!!!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my! HAHAHA! And Emma slept through all this?

Leslie Collins said...

Ahhh!!! Too funny. Yeah, was Emma sleeping??

lina said...

OMG! Too funny, it would be hard not to laugh! Sounds like the frequent temper tantrums my 4 year old used to have when he was sent to his room. He learned quickly once: A) his room was stripped of toys & is now just his bed, clothes & books + you mess it, you clean it & B) throw a tantrum & lose a favorite toy for a week, it goes to the top cupboard. I realize it may be hard to instill that in a 2 year old, but I wish I had started out sooner w/ my 2 youngest & then things wouldn't be so rough right now. Kudos to you for trying this approach :)

Lina

Carrie Cole said...

Yes Emma slept through the whole thing....It was a better night last night!