Monday, February 4, 2008

Spoiled!

So Bobby and I watched our Nephew, Logan (Bobby's sisters kid) last night....he stayed all night because his mother had to work at 6 am and she needed our babysitter to watch him...blah blah blah anyways.... This kid is about to be 4 in May and cant speak a lick of English (ok, well he can, but you cant understand any of it)....So usually when he is at our house he is pretty good but yesterday and last night I wanted to make his mother come and pick him up! He is one of those kids whose babysitter is normally the Television....Spongebob or whatever...so he is pretty much spoiled and only knows how to watch TV and not use his imagination....Anyway, so.....his mom drops him off at this Superbowl Party where we were at last night and when we were getting ready to leave he suddenly says that he cant walk...that his legs are broke....(Mind you, this kid probably weighs 60 lbs)....It was obvious that he wanted someone to carry him to the car and I told Bobby, "DO NOT carry him"....he can walk! He cried and limped all the way to the car. THEN half way to our house he starts crying for his mom and says he wants to go home and all that jazz and I set him straight with a small pep talk....he was fine once he fell asleep in the car. And THEN we pull in our driveway and he wakes up.....he starts crying and says that he wants to watch TV....at this point it was like 9:30 and the kids were wayyy past their bed time. I told him no and that at our house we dont watch TV to go to sleep and I made him a bed on the floor in the girls room and that just added fuel to the fire. He was PISSED! He was crying and throwing a fit so bad! Bobby and I were sitting in the living room and we heard him crying so hard that he started to cough and it sounded like he was choking. Now, I have dealt with enough spolied children to know that this was just an effort to get what he wanted. Well Bobby felt all bad and said he was going to go and get him and let him sit on the couch and watch TV until he fell asleep...we kind of got into a fight about it and after I won (as usual) I went into the bedroom to find this child sticking his fingers down his throat to make it appear that he was choking and about to throw up....after a VERY long talk with him he finally went to sleep. he probably thinks I am the meanest person alive....but I just have rules at my house and if you cant abide then you cant come over and play anymore....quite simple really! Am I wrong? Is this kid really a brat or am I over reacting?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my. Is he in preschool yet? What do they think about his lack of speech/behavior? Sounds like he's not very socially mature.

lina said...

Yikes! Sounds like you had your hands full! Hope the girls were fast asleep & didn't have to see or hear too much of that. I don't think you were over reacting @ all, you communicated with the child instead of giving in to him &/or let him act on his frustrations in an inappropriate manner. Way to go :) If anything you set a great example for your girls, showing them that behavior like that is not rewarded.