Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Luck!

So a couple of weeks ago I was backing out of my driveway and wasn't paying enough attention because Emma was telling me a story and blah blah blah....well anyway, I floored it out of my driveway when.....CRASH.....I backed into my brother in laws car!!!!! And yes, I was driving my Durango...poor poor Durango! But given that I have a Durango and my BIL has a Mustang, you can imagine the damage to my vehicle and the damage to his....well since I work in insurance I know how to get around certain things and so I told my MIL that she needed to turn the claim in to her insurance and say that she was hit in a parking lot....it happens so often that the insurance company wouldnt even question it. And the only reason I asked that she do this was to save me from having an at-fault accident (which in turn makes my insurance go up) and a $500 deductible. Well heaven forbid she do anything to help Bob and I out....she goes and files the damn claim on my insurance and is now getting the car fixed and THEN goes and gets my BIL a flippin rental car when his car is going to be in the shop for like 3 days...and of course files that too...its like adding salt to the wound! So that was the first thing that happened during my lucky month.

NEXT.....about a week later, Bob and I decide to have lunch where his Mom works (restaurant) and as Bobby is pulling out of the damn parking lot.....BAM...hits a flippin guy on his bike! WTF Bob, are ya blind???? I mean the guy was literally RIGHT in front of Bobby's car! Well he doesnt hurt the guy and Bobby also doesnt get a ticket, but now we have to fix this guy's bike! So we decided that we were not going to file ANOTHER at-fault accident on our insurance, because then they might cancel our insurance and thats not good! So we decided we would just pay out of our pocket for the damages....I mean, its a bike...how much damage could be done??? Oh about $425 worth I guess.....Apparently, this was an awesome bike that normally runs about $1,000 new. Well I am not stupid and I asked the guy (who, might I add is someone I went to school with and is probably a loser and probably bought the damn bike at a garage sale) to go and get an estimate, cause I will be damned if I am going to pay that much for damages and not have it in writing! Well thats where I got the $425 from...that was the estimate! So we will be selling our souls to pay for that one....

THIRD...We have been noticing for some time that our Cobalt is making a weird humming noise and is pretty shaky. We just havent had the money to get it fixed. Well we finally get around to having the guy next door look at it (he is a mechanic) and he says its a wheel bearing. Well of course our car has to be retarded and not need wheel bearings, NO...it needs a whole hub assembly (which is apparently what is on newer vehicles...its like $200)...anyway, so I was bummed about that and then someone tells me that wheel bearings and hub assembly's are covered under warranty...and since we purchased all the warranties possible on the cobalt (Thank God)...I found out that it was covered. So, Bobby takes it in and well of course they call Bobby this morning to tell him that we have a bent rim and that bent rim impacted the bearing to go bad....Oh did it you POS??? SO all in all it would now, NOT be covered under warranty. SO then I thought well how in the sam haites would our rim get bent??? I mean you would have to hit something pretty damn hard to get a bent rim. Then I thought, oh wait, when Bobby got hit back in the Winter by some guy, he hit that same side of the car and it was in the front where the tire is....so thats what must have happened. SO then I go and talk to our claims guy and he says that insurance will def. cover it and if not, its because they had to prove that it was just worn out and then at that point the warranty would have to cover it....so there IS light at the end of the tunnel! Yay!

Thanks for listening!....or ummm...reading!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww yuck... sorry about your luck lately! Who was it that Bobby hit on the bike? Anyone I know?

Carrie Cole said...

I dunno....did you know Chris "Chico" Rockwell? Anyway, it was him!