Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh Emma!

So I just put the girls upstairs to watch a movie before they go to bed and as I am moving their TV table I noticed an empty can of soup in a basket on the table. My first thought was, "Oh great, they got into this and probably dumped it somewhere!"...So I ask what the can was all about and Emma pipes up and says, "I am recycling Mom!"...."See, I have the plastics in that basket and the cans in this one"....And she totally did, she had 2 plastic water bottles in one basket and that can of soup in the other. I cracked up and said, "Well honey, it good to recycle, but not in your bedroom, lol"....She just looked at me and said, "Well its good for the earth".....Yes, Yes it is my dear! What a cute kid!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHA She's so cute! I would totally have thought the same thing.... that she got into the soup and dumped it somewhere. Story of my life.

Porter is all into the recycling and saving energy/water. He totally rats Ryan out when he leaves the water running. "You're WASTING WATER, Daddy!" And tonight just before bed I had turned on a lamp in the living room. Porter came downstairs and said "That's wasting energy. We need to turn that lamp off now." What a boss.

Steph said...

LOL! Hey, can't blame her for trying to help the earth :)